Tuesday, August 16, 2011

...almost blew that one...

Good day-
I posted on my FB page last week that I was learning a couple of songs - Here Comes the Sun and Somewhere Over the Rainbow- for a wedding I was singing at on Saturday.  I kinda forgot that it was all a big surprise until someone commented on it... "OOoooHHHH that's the surprise".... 
So I quickly deleted it and went with something more appropriate- 
"I'm not learning any songs today and I'm certainly not going anywhere this weekend" 
I may have messed up the surprise for a few people but it still worked out!

TOMMY AND SLOAN-
On Saturday, Tommy and Sloan got married.  I was honored to be a part of the ceremony (I sang 4 songs) and to be included in the 'partay' later that night!  It was a very sweet service- there was hardly a dry eye in the house by the time it was all over.  Fairchild joined me and played the part of roadie to a T!  Dr. Everything might just lose a job... yeah right.  Speaking of Fairchild I need to get to work today on producing her radio show- Wake Up Sunshine-  I'll explain more on that later.. when the new episode is on the air!

SAMI and TONY-
On Friday night HD played a wedding party out in Addison, IL-   Sami and Tony threw an awesome party for their friends and relatives.  Tony went to school in Iowa City, IA- U. of Iowa- several years ago.  That's where he was introduced to our music.  We hung out a few late nights after shows at the Q Bar!  He showed us his Hello Dave tattoo- which is AWESOME!  
Some of the older ladies didn't really dig the musical styles of HD- we got a number of requests for some Achey Breaky Heart :) and the Electric Slide :) :).  
Tony and his peeps dug it which is all that counts!!  
It's pretty cool when we get asked to play at weddings- because we are really treated like guests instead of 'the band'.   Tony and Sami had a table just for us... sure it was far far away from the head table but... HA.  That was just smart on their part!  The seafood bar was awesome and so was dinner.  We may have started a little sluggish due to the 4 pounds of beef in our gut.. we picked it up when the late night White Castles were delivered!  Good times- thanks Sami and Tony!

NORTHSIDE SUMMER FEST
Let's see.. this week.... we've got another private dealio on Saturday and then an awesome Fest on Sunday in Chicago- the Northside Summer Fest - HD at 2pm followed by great friends- Mr. Blotto and Freddy Jones!  It'll be a good day, indeed!
Rock On-
take 'er easy-
HIMEBAUGH