Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Jordan Creek

We had a long drive to Des Moines, IA on Sunday- we took the MoHo so it was a little more comfortable than the Van... except we didn't have the Petertainment Center which is a serious blow to the video gaming aficionados!  I turned over the wheel to Dr. Everything for a while- he's never driven anything as big as the RV Madison so I was a tad nervous.  I decided I'd just put on my head phones and close my eyes-  what will be... WILL BE.
I have to admit- the Dr. drove perfectly!

It's a pretty long haul to Des Moines from CHI- we left at about 7:30am and met Marty along the way at our usual West Bound meeting place- the Flying J in LaSalle, IL.  It was a pretty nice day so the AC was able to keep up which makes for a less sweaty back on the leather seats!

Magoo coined a brand new phrase for us- at about noon it was time for - "poop and a sandwich".  I think Jimmy Johns was both the receiver and giver of Magoo's .... um... Magooness.

JORDAN CREEK
We've played the outdoor concert series at Jordan Creek several times and it's always a really enjoyable evening.  This time it was even more enjoyable because it wasn't nearly as hot as in years past.  Temps hovered in the 80's as opposed to the usual mid to high 90's that we usually see there.  Old friends Ron Gomez and T-Ray (both from the old People's in Ames days) did a great job at the sound board.
The crowd was great- a lot of faces I knew and a lot I didn't recognize and nearly all of them were signing along most of the evening.  As always there were lots of kids dancing from the start and a few older folks too who may have had a drink or two...  I only say that because one spin led to a quick how do ya do with the cement right in front of Magoo.
Next week it's... what... I think a private event.. actually two.  One is a wedding party that the band is playing and I'm playing a different wedding party the next day...  I guess it's a WEDDING WEEKEND BONANZA!

Take 'er easy-
HIMEBAUGH